Società per le Belle Arti ed Esposizione Permanente owns an art collection made up of more than three hundred works among paintings and sculptures and about hundred drawings and engravings.
The collection developed in more than a century of history of the organization, starting from the inauguration in 1886 of the current seat to nowadays, through the acquisition of the paintings and sculptures that were given a prize during the exhibitions organized by Permanente and the donation of works from the artists, either from collectors or from patrons. Among the various sale-prizes that accompanied the contemporary art exhibitions organized by the Society in the course of the 20th century, according to a custom of illuminated patronage turned to support the artists when the market didn’t still reach the current development, the Feltrinelli and Fornara’s prize for painting and Bagutta – Orio Vergani’s prize for figurative arts are highlighted, apart from the prizes of Biennale in Milan, which took place at Permanente starting from 1955. (read more)
Some works of the collection
Click on the picture to zoom